North Lake student news since 1977

News-Register

News-Register

News-Register

The perks of being a webflower

I f you ever had to attend a class through a Zoom call, raise your hand.

Most likely, every student reading this raised their hand because online schooling has become the norm in the past two years.

Ever since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, our education has had to adjust to a digital platform and learning style.

However, I believe the digital classroom is beneficial for multiple reasons, especially as a college student.

This semester, all of my classes are 100% online; it has relieved stress and made my schedule much more flexible.

It can be challenging to manage your time wisely when you want to keep your job, maintain a decent GPA, and have somewhat of a social life.

It is up to me to decide if I want to be an early riser and knock out my homework or complete assignments later that night; it is usually the latter.

I discovered that digital schooling reduces the cost of education.

Usually, online classes provide access to the textbook through my computer. This is so helpful because the curriculum can be crazy expensive.

I also save on gas expenses by not having to attend in-person lectures.

College is expensive if you don’t have the funds or financial aid to assist, so it is crucial to appreciate the little expenses saved.

Some people claim that digital school can cause students to become lazy or isolated. This is a possibility, yet some students who attend school in-person full-time can still become introverts.

I have participated in both face-to-face and online classes, and my social life remained the same, but my self motivation increased from the online ones.

In my experience, online classrooms make you interact more with your peers and help develop valuable skills.

According to Northeastern University, Learning to work with others in a virtual environment can make you a more effective leader.

Communicating your ideas clearly, getting responses, and projecting a professional image are necessary skills in a virtual workplace, according to Northeastern University.

I know discussion boards can get repetitive and seem unnecessary at times, but they do help us achieve certain aspects that assist us in our future careers.

I am currently sitting on my couch with an iced coffee by my side as I write this.

I could be sitting on a beach in Bora Bora, though, working on my digital assignments as long as I had my laptop and Wi-Fi.

Online schooling allows you to access your education almost anywhere at any time.

Flexibility, lower costs, and improved skills are only some of the beneficial factors from online schooling.

Instead of complaining about COVID-19 altering our educational experience, students should embrace the perks of the digital classroom.

Everybody’s learning style is unique, but I think online schooling is more beneficial overall.