North Lake student news since 1977

News-Register

News-Register

News-Register

Welcome Bash

PTK+member+volunteering+in+the+event.+
Vidhi Bhakta
PTK member volunteering in the event.

Dallas College NorthLake Campus organized a “Welcome Bash” for new and returning students in the spring semester.  

There were free pizzas and games to keep students engaged in the event from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. on Jan. 23 in the Student Life Center, H201. 

Inside the area, there were game setups like JENGA, chess, pop-a-shot dual basketball hoop, UNO, and many more, and food for the students and the staff to enjoy.

“The event was for welcoming back the student back into the school and kind of a kickoff party for the beginning of the semester”, said Steven Benezue.

This event helped students to socialize.

Student enjoying Jenga. (Joanna Mikolajczak)

A lot of happy faces were seen during the event. 

The students also expressed that they feel good to come there and enjoy it with their friends.

Apart from that the event was also focused on the new student to gather some information regarding the college and to make new friends.

A student named Joshua said, “The games were the best part of the whole event”. He said, “he had lots of fun with his friends playing Jenga, basketball, and Sorry[the board game]”.

“It feels great because you get to help other students to feel more welcomed on campus, as well as just getting to know other people that are usually major or have [the] same interests,” said Leanna Martinez, a member of PHI-THETA-KAPPA who was volunteering in the event.

The best part of the whole event was the pizza. A lot of high school and college students gathered in the line and enjoyed the bite of it. 

They were happy to have free pizzas. 

Students playing chess. (Joanna Mikolajczak)

Overall, The event looked helpful and enjoyable for the students.

Lots of laughter was shared while playing Jenga and Sorry basketball.  It was a successful event.